Part-Time Instructor – Web Design, WordPress & Adobe Suite
Position: Part -Time Instructor (4-6 hours / week)
Courses: Web Design, WordPress, Adobe Suite
Program: Music Business and Professional Sound & Business
Posted: February 20, 2018: 1 Position for April 1, 2018
Metalworks Institute is looking for outstanding individuals to join our faculty. The successful candidates will teach a course in Web Design and may also be required to contribute to program and curriculum development in the above program.
The successful candidate will provide students with instruction in the theoretical and creative principles and technologies used to design and implement effective websites for entertainment media related products and services.
Metalworks Institute’s students are prepared for leadership roles and are taught about lifelong learning through innovative instruction techniques and exceptional learning resources. All of Metalworks Institute’s full-time diploma programs are approved as vocational programs under the Private Career Colleges Act 2005.
Our unique educational concept is all about uniting faculty and students in the acquisition and application of technical, artistic and business knowledge in a real world professional environment. The Faculty at Metalworks Institute are carefully selected for their industry expertise, teaching skills awards and achievements. The Metalworks group of companies is always on the cutting edge of industry developments. Adapting our programs to these developments and the latest available technologies is crucial in maintaining our state of the art facilities and providing a unique hands-on educational experience.
Instructors are responsible for:
- Ensuring that course content and lesson plans are current and relevant.
- Creating an effective learning environment for students.
- Assisting in the design of suitable strategies and tools to support student learning.
- Developing multi-media materials to assist in instruction and incorporating educational technologies into the learning process.
- Ensuring that students are aware of course and program learning outcomes, learning strategies and evaluation techniques; provide individual tutoring and academic counselling; and evaluate student progress/achievement within their contracted courses.
- Outstanding technical and creative skills in Web Design using WordPress, the Adobe Suite.
- Exceptional knowledge of social media platforms and their application to successful marketing and promotion of products and services.
- Knowledge of entertainment-based applications is preferred.
- Exceptional knowledge of Google Analytics.
- Instructors must meet all requirements and qualifications prescribed in s.41 of Reg 415/06 -collected under the authority of s.38 and 50 of the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005 and s.41 and 42 of Reg 415/06.
- Degree or Diploma in the related subject matter and/or a minimum of 4 years professional industry experience in the field of instruction.
- Two letters of reference from individuals not related to the applicant or associated with the
private career college attesting to the work experience in the discipline or occupation in which the applicant is seeking employment.
- Experience in teaching and curriculum development at the post secondary level or equivalent experience as a trainer in business or industry is an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong network of contacts with other industry professionals and potential employers of MWI graduates.
- Ability to convey the theoretical and practical application of knowledge to a broad range of students with diverse cultural and educational backgrounds, experiences and individual learning styles.
- Exceptional dedication to excellence in teaching, learning and to working within a team environment.
- Employment is subject to a Police Background Check.
Program: Music Business & Professional Sound & Business (Studio Production Major)
Salary Range: TBD – based on relevant educational qualifications and experience
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Start Date: April, 1, 2018
Send your current resume to email@example.com
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.