Over 130,000 international students come to study full-time in Canada annually.
Each year, a growing number of students from all over the world seek out Metalworks Institute for our unique world-class approach to training in the entertainment arts.
Although the application process for international students is similar to that of domestic students, all international students must apply for and obtain a Canadian Study Permit. All of the necessary information regarding the process of applying for a study permit is available on the Government of Canada website at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/study/study.asp
Metalworks Institute has successfully hosted talented students from dozens of countries all over the world, including the United States, India, China, the United Kingdom, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Jamaica, Honduras, Trinidad, Ukraine, Thailand, Nigeria, Israel, Jordan, Turkey, Russia, Australia, Iceland, and Croatia.
Part 1 of the application form may be submitted online or via e-mail. Part 2 will consist of an in-person or phone interview with the applicant for which a $100 CAD International Application Fee is required. Applicants must submit a copy of their high school (secondary school) diploma.
Additional documentation may be required including English proficiency test results (i.e. IELTS or TOEFL).
All successful applicants must obtain comprehensive medical insurance coverage valid for the duration of their time spent in Canada. Proof of coverage will be required prior to the first day of classes.
For more information regarding our programs, facilities, and the admission process for international students, please contact our International Admissions Counsellor, Nadia Mazzarolo.
Phone: 1-905-279-4000 extension 1590, or toll-free in North America: 1-866-783-2200 extension 1590
How To Apply:
Applicants for all full-time diploma programs must complete and submit all application requirements.
- Part 1 of the application form can be submitted either online or in-person.
- After submitting Part 1 of the Application, you will be sent an email with a username and password. You can then use these login details to complete Part 2 of the Application online. During this stage, an Admissions Counsellor will contact you and may schedule an academic interview.
- Applicants will be advised as to the status of their application within one week following completion of all application requirements.
- Successful applicants must register within thirty (30) days of acceptance to Metalworks Institute; otherwise acceptance will be revoked. After a period of six (6) months, unsuccessful applicants can re-apply for admission to the school, on a one-time only basis.
Along with sincere enthusiasm, passion, and ambition to succeed in the entertainment industry, the following are also required:
- Part 1 and Part 2 of the application completed in-full.
- Valid government-issued photo ID.
- Applicants must submit a copy of their secondary school diploma or equivalent. Mature applicants; please contact your Admissions Counsellor.
Those applying to the Music Performance & Technology programs please click here for additional application and audition requirements.
Our Admissions Counsellors are here to answer your questions and offer advice. Contact them using our contact form or during business hours on the live chat at the bottom left corner of the website.