LIVE EVENT & CONCERT PRODUCTION DIPLOMA
The Live Event and Concert Production program presents an incomparable opportunity to learn the fundamental skills and perspectives required to produce live shows for a broad range of live entertainment industry applications. Our exclusive partnership with Metalworks Production Group provides an unparalleled learning environment, with access to leading industry equipment and facilities, all designed to prepare students for future opportunities in the technical production of music concerts, corporate events, theatrical productions, trade shows, exhibitions, conferences and multi-media presentations.
- Graduates earn a Diploma in Live Event & Concert Production.
- Full-time, one year program strategically designed to get you thoroughly trained in all aspects of live event production.
- Intensive practical experience in the theories and artistic styles used to setup and operate audio and lighting equipment for a variety of live applications.
- Extensive study and practical hands-on experience in the areas of analog and digital technologies, acoustic principles, concert lighting technologies and electricity and electronics.
- Prepare for a career as a front of house engineer, monitor engineer or system tech.
- Incredible opportunities to network and collaborate with students in other Metalworks Institute programs.
- Our exclusive educational partnership with Metalworks Production Group provides students with unprecedented learning environments and networking opportunities.
- Our innovative curriculum and ongoing commitment to state-of-the-art technologies ensures that our program reflects the changing nature of the live events industry.
- All of our full-time diploma programs are approved vocational programs under the Private Career Colleges Act 2005.
AREAS OF STUDY
- Live Audio Systems
- Analog and Digital Consoles
- Music Software & Digital Workstation Technologies
- Concert Lighting Systems
- Acoustic Principles
- Critical Listening
- Live Stage Monitoring Systems
- Health & Safety in the Live Event Industry
- Electricity and Electronics Principles
- Show Systems Maintenance
- Audio Signal Processing Techniques
- Digital Audio
- Show System Installations
- Applicants must have an OSSD or equivalent.
- Mature applicants are welcome.
- Acceptance to the program is limited and subject to an academic assessment and acceptance interview.
- It is also expected that applicants demonstrate keen interest in the live event industry, possess creative aptitude and computer literacy.
- A guide to the application process can be found here.
- 1 Year Full-Time Program
- 990 Hours of Instruction
- Typical class hours range between 20-22 hours per week
- 10-12 additional study hours per week are highly recommended