ELECTRONIC MUSIC PRODUCTION DIPLOMA
The unparalleled changes in digital recording technologies are revolutionizing how independent producers are creating and recording music. Our Electronic Music Production program offers students extensive insight and the theoretical audio concepts and practical skills necessary to create their art using the latest digital recording technologies available. Whether it’s making beats, composing music for multi-media applications or creating remixes, this program is designed to prepare students for a multitude of career options in the ever-evolving global music industry.
- Graduates earn a Diploma in Electronic Music Production.
- Full-time, one year program strategically designed to get you thoroughly trained in all aspects of electronic music production styles and techniques.
- Intensive practical experience in the artistic styles used to create music in the digital domain with a focus on electronic dance music and hip hop.
- Extensive study and practical hands-on experience in the areas of digital recording technologies, acoustic principles, digital music production techniques, MIDI and audio signal processing applications.
- Prepare for career opportunities in writing, editing, recording and mixing music.
- Incredible opportunities to network and collaborate with students in other Metalworks Institute programs.
- Students will utilize industry standard software such as Ableton Live, Logic Pro X, Reason, Pro Tools and Komplete including Massive, Razor, Reactor, Form, Kontour, Evolve and Damage.
- Our exclusive educational partnership with Metalworks Studios provides students with unprecedented learning environments and networking opportunities.
- All of our full-time diploma programs are approved vocational programs under the Private Career Colleges Act 2005.
AREAS OF STUDY
- Electronic Music Production Techniques
- Music Software & Digital Workstation Technologies
- Digital Mixing Techniques
- Audio Post-Production for Film and Television
- MIDI and Synthesis Applications for Electronic Music
- Acoustic Principles
- Music Theory & Applications
- Musical Styles & Genres
- Critical Listening
- Digital Audio
- Digital Signal Processing Techniques for Electronic Music
- Music Business
- Applicants must have an OSSD or equivalent.
- Mature applicants are welcome.
- Acceptance to the program is limited and subject to an academic assessment and acceptance interview.
- It is also expected that applicants demonstrate keen interest in electronic music styles and possess creative aptitude and excellent computer literacy.
- A guide to the application process can be found here.
- 1 Year Full-Time Program
- 1020 Hours of Instruction
- Typical class hours range between 20-24 hours per week
- 12-14 additional study hours per week are highly recommended