AUDIO PRODUCTION & ENGINEERING DIPLOMA
The Audio Production & Engineering program incorporates the progressive recording and production skill-sets required to succeed in today’s high-tech audio recording environments. From music creation to music production, this program has been designed to provide you with comprehensive understanding of the ever- evolving world of recording including both large format recording and ‘in the box’ technologies. The vast experience of Metalworks Studios has infused this curriculum with a wealth of in-depth knowledge, derived from over 40 years of real-world success, resulting in a program designed to optimize your future career opportunities.
- Graduates earn a Diploma in Audio Production & Engineering.
- Full-time, one year program strategically designed to get you thoroughly trained in all aspects of recorded sound.
- Intensive practical experience in the theories and artistic styles used to setup and operate recording equipment for a variety of studio applications.
- Extensive study and practical hands-on experience in the areas of analog and digital recording technologies, acoustic principles, music production, MIDI and audio signal processing applications.
- Prepare for a career as an audio engineer for music, film and television post-production and digital media.
- Incredible opportunities to network and collaborate with students in other Metalworks Institute programs.
- Our exclusive educational partnership with Metalworks Studios provides students with unprecedented learning environments and networking opportunities.
- All of our full-time diploma programs are approved vocational programs under the Private Career Colleges Act 2005.
AREAS OF STUDY
- Recording Engineering & Recording Studio Techniques
- Music Production
- Music Software & Digital Workstation Technologies
- Audio Post-Production for Film and Television
- MIDI and Synthesis
- Acoustic Principles
- Music Theory & Applications
- Musical Styles & Genres
- Electricity and Electronics Principles
- Entertainment Business & Contracts
- Digital Audio
- Audio Signal Processing Techniques
- Employment Strategies
- Applicants must have an OSSD or equivalent.
- Mature applicants are welcome to apply.
- Acceptance to the program is limited and subject to an academic assessment and acceptance interview.
- It is also expected that applicant’s demonstrate keen interest in the recording and studio industries, possess creative aptitude and computer literacy.
- Program applications and a guide to the application process can be found at www.metalworksinstitute.com.
- 1 Year Full-Time Program
- 1020 Hours of Instruction
- Typical class hours range between 22-26 hours per week
- 10-12 additional study hours per week are highly recommended