STAGE LIGHTING & VIDEO DIPLOMA
The Stage Lighting & Video program explores the artistry of lighting and video design and operation, for a wide variety of live applications, such as concerts, theater productions, broadcast, trade shows, theme parks, cruise ships, resorts, corporate events, product launches and award ceremonies. Students acquire practical hands-on experience in all aspects of lighting and video technologies and explore how, where and why to apply these skills through study of conceptual and artistic applications. Lighting and video play an integral part in our overall perception and appreciation of live shows and as a result the technologies are changing at an unprecedented pace resulting in the need for new highly skilled and creative designers and operators.
- Intensive theoretical and applied practical experience in the design concepts and artistic styles used to compliment live entertainment and corporate applications.
- Stages and labs are equipped with the industry standard lighting and video technologies.
- Our exclusive educational partnership with Metalworks Production Group provides students with an unprecedented learning environment and networking opportunities.
- All of our full-time diploma programs are approved vocational programs under the Private Career Colleges Act 2005.
AREAS OF STUDY
- Digital Lighting and Video Technologies
- Advanced Applied Lighting Design and Operation Techniques
- Advanced Lighting Programming
- Theoretical and Applied Electricity and Electronics Principles
- Health and Safety in Live Events
- Control Room Design Principles
- Applied Fundamentals of Music and Rhythm
- Applicants must have an OSSD or equivalent.
- Mature applicants are welcome to apply.
- Acceptance to the program is limited and subject to an academic assessment and acceptance interview.
- It is also expected that applicant’s demonstrate keen interest in live lighting, possess creative aptitude and computer literacy.
- Program applications and a guide to the application process can be found at https://metalworksinstitute.com
- 30 Week, Full-Time Program
- 720 Hours of Instruction
- Typical class hours range between 22-24 hours per week
- 10-12 additional study hours per week are recommended